Prayers for June 2012
During this month, Lutheran Bible Translators asks that you lift these following requests up in prayer.
Back to Prayer Support page |
View last month's prayers
- Praise God for the May 6th confirmation of Katherine Rudowske, daughter of Rich and Maya Rudowske, who have a translation ministry among the Bakgalagari people of Botswana.
- Praise God for the completed agreement outlining the partnership between the Bible Society of Botswana, Lutheran Bible Translators, and the Wayeyi people as represented by the advisory committee of the Wayeyi Bible Translation Project.
- Pray for the successful recording of the Jesus Film into 6 Ogoja languages in Nigeria which began May 28 and will continue through June.
- Pray for the healthy delivery of a baby to Ruthie Wagner, due later this month. Josh and Ruthie are pre-field missionaries currently studying at the Graduate Institute of Applied Linguistics in Dallas, TX.
- Pray for safety and good communication for several LBT staff who will be traveling this month to different conventions to represent LBT.
- Praise for Seth Rodewald’s involvement with a program called Teen Youth at his church. Seth is the son of Mike and Cindy Rodewald, who live in South Africa, where Mike serves as the Regional Director for LCMS World Mission, and Cindy serves as Volunteer Coordinator
- Pray for the Nigerian Bible Translation Trust as they host a three week New Testament checking workshop and for the safe travel of those attending the conference.
- Pray for David and Valerie Federwitz as they continue partnership development in Washington, Montana, Idaho, and Oregon.
- Pray that Gail Ludvigson, LBT’s Deaconness intern, would find a call to serve God’s church.
- Pray for Paul Federwitz as he works to implement a document sharing service at the LBT Service Center in Aurora, IL. Pray that this system would help to improve and advance the work of LBT.
- Pray for Emily Slayton as she continues to recover from the caesarean section birth of her baby last month. Emily is the wife of Peter Slayton, Mobilization Coordinator for LBT.
- Praise God for the work and ministry of Dean Mehl, Human Resources Manager and Accountant Assistant at the LBT Service Center.
- Praise for the safe Transatlantic journey of a new Cessna 207 aircraft from Waxhaw, NC, to Yaoundé, Cameroon, in April. This aircraft will be added to the fleet of SIL planes in Cameroon and will be used for the transportation of missionaries from LBT and many others ministering in several countries in West Africa.
- Praise God for the successful translation checking done of several books for the Komba New Testament in April in Tamale, Ghana.
- Pray for the resolution of different health concerns of Alvina Federwitz. Pray that doctors would be able to help her remedy them before her return to Liberia in July. Alvina serves as a multilingual education facilitator there.
- Pray that Jon and Carol Shaneyfelt, LBT associate missionaries with JAARS, would be able to find advocates at their supporting churches and new partners in the coming months.
- Praise God with us for 40 years of marriage for Tom and Mary Holman. Tom and Mary are translation consultants to projects in Ghana and Nigeria.
- Pray that the Rudowskes would have a restful and refreshing furlough as they reconnect with family and friends and share with partners about their first term of service in Botswana among the Bakgalagari people.
- Pray for comfort and peace for Kalanga (Botswana) translator, Ms. Portia Tema, whose grandfather died in March and whose uncle is very sick without a diagnosis.
- Pray for safety for Michael and Jo Ann Megahan, as they return to Botswana after a partnership development furlough in the US.
- Praise God for the work and ministry of Erla Flynn, Administrative Assistant to Program Ministries at the LBT Service Center in Aurora, IL.
- Pray for John Strasen as he adjusts to life and service in Kang, Botswana, and as he learns the Shekgalagari language. John is currently serving as translation advisor for the Shekgalagari Bible Translation Project.
- Pray for productive meetings for Larry and Mae Johnson as they visit the LBT Service Center this month. Rev. Larry and Mae Johnson served in Liberia for 20 years. Larry is a now translation consultant serving several LBT programs in Liberia.
- Pray for Mical Hilbert as she participates in the Primary Health Care Course, which provides basic training in village medical care, put on by Pioneer Bible Translators in Dallas, TX. Rob and Mical Hilbert are pre-field missionaries beginning partnership development.
- Praise God for the opportunity for the Federwitz family, who serve in Liberia, Ghana and Papua New Guinea, to all be reunited this week in the USA. Alvina is mother to Paul, David, and Jonathan Federwitz and Becca DeLoach.
- Praise God that the Ikwerre translator finished her program in Bible Translation at the Theological College of Northern Nigeria.
- Praise for the service of outgoing Executive Director of LBT-Canada, Rev. David Maffett, and pray for guidance as he takes a call to a church near Paris, France.
- Pray that donations to LBT will remain high during the summer. Historically, giving drops significantly during this time.
- Praise God for the service of Denver area LBT congregational representatives Bill and Barb Sonne.
- Pray for continued Nsenga language learning for Chris and Janine Pluger. Chris and Janine have a translation ministry among the Nsenga people in Zambia.
Thank you for your partnership with LBT through prayer. You are a blessing to us!
Please come back again to view the prayer requests for next month.